I’m sorry I just couldn’t leave yet. This is too good, but I feel like the silly band going backstage, waiting for an encore and then coming back on stage. My apologies. I said I was coming back only next year. Anyhoo. Check that video. Horrible? Right? No… really it’s horrible right? This got me thinking. Say you have a house party or jig going on and you want the people to leave, what do you play?
Thus, I decided make the best Party-Ender playlist. I tried to choose songs that will sound abrasive, corny and just downright make people go “WTF, this is lame, let’s ditch this joint”. The songs listed might not work for everyone, as someone is bound to go, “YEAH! EPIC TUNE! Let’s party some more”. So I tried to make it as variable as possible. By the end of the playlist, let’s hope people would have gotten the idea.
1. Brokencyde – Freaxxx
2. R.E.M. – Everybody Hurts
3. Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up [In some circles this song will be embraced. This is a risky choice]
4. Right Said Fred – Stand Up (For the Champions)
5. Daniel Powter – Bad Day
6. Susan Boyle – I Dreamed a Dream
7. Barry Manilow – Mandy
8. Fugees – Killing me Softly with His Song
9. Kurt Darren – Kaptein [Again in some circles, this will fuel the party to an unprecedented level]
10. Alvin & The Chipmunks – Get Munk’d
Have you got any other tunes to recommend killing a party? If so, please comment below and or tag it on Twitter with #songsthatendparties